Skip to main content

Weekend Adventure: The Secret Life of Pets

Photo Credit: Illumination Entertainment

My best friend and I couldn't wait to see The Secret Life of Pets! We both love movies and are always counting down to the next one we have to go watch at the movie theater. It's awesome because we usually have the same taste in movies -- however, because we are such good friends, we compromise on the movies that one of us doesn't really want to go see. We both loved this movie! It was hilarious, and just adorable. 

I love animals in general and can relate to being the owner who leaves their kitty at home, thinking about how sad she looks when I leave and I wish I could stay with her instead of going to work or wherever I am going, and then wondering what she's doing while I'm gone. She's probably super sad, and just waits on me to come home. This movie was so much fun because while Max, the main pup in the film, felt the same way I think my kitty feels when I leave -- all of the others seemed to be having an absolute blast while their owners were gone (or their "humans" as they were called in the movie)! I won't include any spoilers in this post, but I just know you'll love the movie as soon as you see it! 

In addition to watching the movie, my best friend helped me on my mission to find a lamp. I've been married for nearly a year, and my husband has been opposed to buying a lamp (weird, I know!). He loves the massive amount of light that comes from our ceiling fixture, however, I prefer a much more intimate setting in the evening. After a long day at work, I love to sit and read my favorite blogs beside my end table -- and I knew it would be so much more enjoyable with a lamp that produced enough light to see, but dim enough that it would help me relax and get ready for bed.

Of all places, and we went a ton of places, I found the lamp at Walmart! I love that I can find such great deals there sometimes! I'll be sure to post of picture of it later on this week.

Reader's Circle:

  • Have you seen The Secret Life of Pets?
  • What's the last movie you watched at a movie theater? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Day Off!

I have been so blessed to have a career that I do not have to work weekends, and am also off on all federal holidays. I love it when I get long weekends. It always gives me time for some much-needed rest as well as catching up on things around the house. It is so easy to get caught up in the daily hustle-and-bustle that we sometimes lose sight of what we really enjoy doing. Blogging is one of those lately for me, and I truly hope to devote myself to getting back into writing fun posts and reading all of yours, as well! I don't have a plan for my day off (and sometimes those are the best days!), but I will update this post with what the day holds. Reader's Circle Do you work on federal holidays? What do you like to do on your days off? Did you have a fantastic weekend?

It Feels Good to be Back!

I missed blogging so much and cannot wait to get in the swing of things again. :) Just wanted to get a quick post out for those of you reading that you'll start seeing content from me beginning this weekend. Thanks so much for checking in, it means so much!

Tasty Tuesday

Photo Credit: Baker by Nature Happy Tuesday! This very early morning, I am bringing you a super yummy dessert recipe from an amazing blog that I love: Baker by Nature . I am all about finding new chocolate chip cookie recipes. Sure, there are only about five-thousand different recipes out there that all happen to claim they are the very best -- but it's always so fun to try new ways to make them. I am a huge fan of having tons of chocolate chunks in my cookies, the more chocolate, the better! This recipe for  Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies   delivers for my fellow "I want chocolate in every single bite" readers. While many of the chocolate chip cookie recipes tend to have a lot of similarities, this one has something truly unique: brown butter. Yum! I could really tell the difference between these cookies, and other chocolate chip cookies that I've made without the brown butter. I know you'll love these cookies just as much as I did. Be sure to