Skip to main content

Sunday Morning Breakfast

As I'm writing this mid-morning post, I am catching up on all of my favorite blogs and watching politics on tv (I am HOOKED!). I hope all of you are enjoying your Sunday morning. My husband is always on the go when it comes to the weekends and after being married almost one year, I am realizing that I need to start making breakfast more often. While I admit this is primarily for his sake, because he needs fuel for golfing long hours, it also has a nice side effect that I will actually eat breakfast too (I usually just drink lots of coffee...I know, awful!).


I have been doing really well at picking up fresh fruit and making sure to munch on it when I get into a snacking mode, as well as I always pack my husband some with his lunches during the week. So I included some fresh pineapple and blackberries this morning with breakfast to go along with this fantastic oatmeal recipe I found on Pinterest yesterday afternoon. This recipe for Chunky Monkey Morning Oats from She Well is the bomb! It was so easy to throw together, which I love, and I had all of the ingredients in my pantry minus the bananas (so I was sure to put them on the grocery list for my trip to the store yesterday!). Look how amazing these look!


Reader's Circle:

  • Do you always eat breakfast?
  • What's your go-to recipe for busy mornings?
  • How has your weekend been so far?


Comments

  1. Hey Ashley!

    Just popping in. :) Also-- now that I see this picture of fruit, I have the BIGGEST craving for it!

    1. This always switches for me but currently I'm on a HUGE avocado toast kick. I've been adding sliced roma tomatoes + chili flakes!

    2. Busy mornings, I'll usually grab a protein shake for the road!

    3. I'm reading this post currently on a Thursday so I am SOOOO looking forward to this coming weekend!

    Hope all is well!
    xo, Melissa || www.greenpalatelife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you did, Melissa! I was missing my blogging and thought I really needed to get back into it, and am happy to see your comment. :)

      1. That sounds great! I haven't tried avocado toast yet, but lots of people love it.

      2. Always a quick and easy choice!

      3. Ahh, couldn't agree with you more. I'm so thankful it's Fri-yay! :P

      Right back at you, friend! I appreciate the comment and am definitely going to get back into the blogging. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Day Off!

I have been so blessed to have a career that I do not have to work weekends, and am also off on all federal holidays. I love it when I get long weekends. It always gives me time for some much-needed rest as well as catching up on things around the house. It is so easy to get caught up in the daily hustle-and-bustle that we sometimes lose sight of what we really enjoy doing. Blogging is one of those lately for me, and I truly hope to devote myself to getting back into writing fun posts and reading all of yours, as well! I don't have a plan for my day off (and sometimes those are the best days!), but I will update this post with what the day holds. Reader's Circle Do you work on federal holidays? What do you like to do on your days off? Did you have a fantastic weekend?

Tasty Tuesday

Photo Credit: Baker by Nature Happy Tuesday! This very early morning, I am bringing you a super yummy dessert recipe from an amazing blog that I love: Baker by Nature . I am all about finding new chocolate chip cookie recipes. Sure, there are only about five-thousand different recipes out there that all happen to claim they are the very best -- but it's always so fun to try new ways to make them. I am a huge fan of having tons of chocolate chunks in my cookies, the more chocolate, the better! This recipe for  Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies   delivers for my fellow "I want chocolate in every single bite" readers. While many of the chocolate chip cookie recipes tend to have a lot of similarities, this one has something truly unique: brown butter. Yum! I could really tell the difference between these cookies, and other chocolate chip cookies that I've made without the brown butter. I know you'll love these cookies just as much as I did. Be sure to

It Feels Good to be Back!

I missed blogging so much and cannot wait to get in the swing of things again. :) Just wanted to get a quick post out for those of you reading that you'll start seeing content from me beginning this weekend. Thanks so much for checking in, it means so much!